Media Services Expert Engineer
Project Location: Belgium
- Expertise in Video Container as Base Media File Format, Transport Stream
- Video delivery via UDP, RTP, RTSP, HTTP
- Video transport over MPEG transport stream, HTTP Live Streaming, MPEG-DASH
- Natural interest in Television & media content streaming technologies
- Good understanding of Digital Rights Management
- Interest and ability in experimenting new protocols
- Experience in OTT video delivery with thorough understanding of CDN working.
- Understanding of component such as Subscriber Management Systems, Content Management System, concept of Mediator and capability to understand Applications workflows;
- Understanding of Storage Architecture and experience with different connectors: NFS, FTP.
- Ability to understand and to develop basic script, knowledge of Bash, Python of similar Web tools;
- Experience with LAMP;
- Understanding with practical experience of datacentre environment including cloud computing foundations;
- Virtualization, Containerization, Platform as a service like Openshift;
- Knowledge of ICT standards/procedures/release management/technical activities.
- High-Level network knowledge with experience in designing and ability to identify workflows. This covers:
- IP Unicast & Multicast protocols;
- Dynamic routing protocols as ISIS, BGP, OSPF;
- Network routing & configuration;
- Load balancing technologies (F5, Viprion);
- Network configuration based on NxOS;
- IP & TCP services including DNS, HTTP workflows;
- Ability to document designs in Microsoft Visio is a plus.
- Team player, collaboration comes naturally;
- Solution oriented and out of the box thinking;
- Well-respected and influential;
- Able to effectively use the whiteboard;
- Good at “helicoptering”;
- English is a must, French or Dutch is optional;
- Flexible and able to cope with stress;
- Agile Product owner capability is a plus.