LOCATION: Mons, Belgium
The contractor shall support NCIA NSII Transmission Services with the following tasks:
• Assist the lead engineers in providing Level 2 and 3 support for the managed transmission infrastructure services, particularly network management, system maintenance and engineering support on related NGCS,DCIS components and associated networks and their interfaces, applications and protocols.
• Provide on-line network management to cover fault, performance, accounting, configuration and security management of services provisioned via transmission components of NGCS, DCIS, both legacy TOM and current IP/MPLS.
• Provide engineering assistance for networking, interconnections through smart intelligent multiplexes and various data switching and routing equipment, and terminating equipment including, modem and cryptographic equipment.
• Provide engineering assistance in operations and maintenance of the assigned transmission systems, their interfaces and protocols.
• Provide engineering assistance in evaluation of incident reports trend analysis of the assigned systems and services and their associated networks.
• Provide engineering assistance in preparation of Engineering Change Proposals (ECP), operational advice notices, system / equipment configuration, interface standards and procedures as requested and upon each and every change in within managed services and systems.
• Provide technical support in planning and implementation of system configuration changes and enhancement suggestions.
• Provide specialist advice and knowledge transfer to other staff members on matters concerning specialist competency area
• Conduct technical reviews to ensure implementation projects comply with services and deployable systems requirements Assist in development, maintenance and review of technical documentation to contribute to creation and improvement of methods, procedures and tools in relation to transmission services provisioning and design for both NGCS and DCIS managed systems and services
• Verify, maintains, prepares and posts services and systems documentation, to include engineering guidance notes for CSU and DCIS technical personnel.
• Assist and advise remotes sites to resolve technical transmission services incidents.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED – NATO COSMIC TOP SECRET (CTS)*
NATO Secret is acceptable as a mitigation until CTS status is achieved. Person must be CTS eligible.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
The consultant assigned to this post will hold a university degree in ICT System Engineering and supplemented by substantial qualifications within the C4ISR Domain.
• University degree in ICT System Engineering In-depth knowledge of Alcatel Lucent Service Routers, Service Access Router and Switches, as well as Cisco routing and switching equipment.
• General experience in the installation, testing, integrationand programming and configuration of IP/MPLS routing, switched and TOM networks.
• Knowledge and experience of modern communications systems such as IP/MPLS, DWDM as well legacy and TOMtechnology.
• Valid/active Alcatel Lucent Network Routing Specialist II (NRS II) or higher (or equivalent demonstrable knowledge).
• Valid/active Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP) routing and switching or higher certification (or equivalent demonstrable knowledge).
• Ability to effectively work and communicate in English
• Experience on specific NATO transmission networks, interfaces and encryption devices
• Related field experience in operation, administration and maintenance of digital telecommunication and transmission systems.
• DWOM and SOH technology knowledge and/or experience, particularly related to Alcatel Lucent optical family of products for OWOM and Sagem/Siemens SDH family of products
• Related field experience and knowledge related to RAD Megaplex family of products and management tools
• NETISONUS Promina experience and knowledge
• Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements.