System Administrator with Microsoft COTS specialization
LOCATION: Geilenkirchen, Germany
The HQ is looking for someone to support their process of accrediting a large number of software applications and systems. They have a large number to tackle, plus new capabilities come online all the time.
The specific tasks identified for the role, and associated skill/knowledge requirements, are as follows:
• Executing efficient maintenance (both in-house and outsourced), installation and testing, operation and user support of application software for the E-3A Component data and mission support processes, hosted on NAEW&C(NATO Airborne Early Warning & Control Force) networksand stand-alone IT/CIS Systems (Data and Support Software);
• Assisting with application administration for the assigned software applications, toinclude introduction and maintenance of user groups, user profiles and site contentmanagement of portal software;
• Ensuring that all assigned IT/CIS Services (including software, on-line and archiveddata, workflows, etc.) are adequately protected according to NATO and NAEW&Csecurity directives, to include a viable disaster recovery capability;
• Providing technical support on assigned application software to external agencies,when required.
• Assisting in the product selection and acquisition, trial installations andwalkthroughs, deployment, enabler training, testing and release for use, in-houseand outsourced technical support and maintenance, and 2nd level user supportof each assigned IT/CIS Service;
• Executing review, testing, documentation, implementation and release foruse of data and applications software;
• Arranging for and participating in installation support for IT/CIS Serviceapplication software and data on server and client platforms, includingconfiguration management (i.e. user and system administration, licensemonitoring, product version identification, etc.);
• Participating in analysis of causes and incidents of IT Service failures (including ITSystem trouble-shooting) and effecting appropriate action to correct problems;
• Providing support needed to ensure the continuous availability of allrequired software application functionalities.
a) Profound knowledge of SharePoint farm administration with expert level skills on SharePoint 2010, SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint 2016
b) Profound knowledge on SharePoint farm migration from SP2010 to SP 2013 to SP2016
c) Deep Knowledge of Windows Server 2012R2; Windows Server 2016, DNS management; Group policy management;
d) Intermediate expertise in core enterprise services (MS Exchange, MS Lync, SystemCenter Configuration Manager, System Center Operation Manager, System Center Orchestrator, Microsoft Deployment toolset) – Installation, patching, administration tuning, configuration, hardening/securing, troubleshooting
e) Knowledge of networking protocols, ports & topologies (TCP/IP configuration an troubleshooting);
f) Deep knowledge of storage (SAN, NAS, Fibre Channel, NFS, ZFS – setup, install, ..);
g) A thorough understanding of backup techniques (configuration, administration, troubleshooting);
h) Experience and understanding of Disaster Recovery (HW /OS/Storage planning, implementation, testing, documenting;
i) Familiar with processes related to Change/Configuration management.
j) Knowledge of Intel hardware (servers, disk and tape storage);
k) Understanding of Remote Desktop Gateway Services; Remote App provisioning.