VMWare System Administrator
LOCATION: Mons, Belgium
1.Operate and maintain various reference environments used by the IV&V Service Line and its customers by:
-Operate and maintain VMware based datacentre reference environment for optimal processing, memory and storage performance,
– provide and configure VM’s running the required operating systems defined by the scheduled test events; such as the currently supported Microsoft OSs, Unix, Linux and Oracle versions,
– Ensure all provisioned VMware based data centres and their VM’s running various operating systems are patched at the approved levels at all times,
– Perform the necessary backup and restore activities for the datacentres and their operational VM’s
-Operating and maintaining test management tools used in conjunction with the reference environment,
– Ensure proper change and configuration management practices are put in placefor these environments,
– Ensure that the reference environments adequately replicate the production environments to make certain that test activities are conducted in a production like certifieable environment,
– Provide monthly management reports regarding the status and availability of the reference environments;and 2.Perform tests in support of projects, exercises and interoperability events by:
-Review test plans and test cases,
-Supporting project and event stakeholders in the preparation leading up to a test event,
-Participating in unit, system and integration testing with design and build teams when necessary.
– Filling the role of –IV&V Engineer in projects and other events,
-Producing test reports,
-Assisting NATO Quality Assurance Representatives in the production of Quality Assurance reports.
– 5+ years of experience with VMware technologies as a system administrator,
– 5+ years of systems administration experience in Microsoft and Linux based Operating systems and environments
– 3+ years of experience with WSUS, SCCM, McAfee ePO from an infrastructure automation perspective
– 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Windows based deployments and cloud infrastructures.
– 3+ years of experience with system administration of Microsoft Active Directory
– Deep understanding of and experience with DNS, NTP, DHCP and related technologies
– Analytical and problem solving skills.
– Ability to work in a team environment and individually on own initiative
– High competency of spoken and written English